Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Potty Time: Day 3 Recap

Day 3:
All day it was just her and I because Hubs had to work so you can already see where this is going. She wore me out, running back and forth to the potty by 10 am.  I assumed that by Day 3 she would pretty much get it and run to the potty every chance she could, but boy was I wrong. She turned to holding it in. She would release some pee where she stood and when I ran her to the bathroom she would sit down for two seconds, hop up and say, "All Done." I was getting upset because I thought all of my efforts the entire weekend were for nothing. I was also scared that she would hurt herself holding it in, but I was reassured that this would happen and that she is just trying to get used to this new concept. 




By the time her dad came home I was exhausted and eager to tell him about the day and the challenges we faced. Once he started taking her and talking to her she went like clock work. She made me out to be a liar. Or better yet she was showing off for daddy. I don't care as long as I knew that she had it. I must say that all in all this was an experience and we accomplished the main goal, to get her to recognize when she has to go to the potty. It took a lot of patience and teamwork, but we did it. We now have a semi potty trained one year old. She is wearing her big girl panties. She is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...