Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kanye West's Lesson Learned

As we may know, Kanye West is under investigation for allegedly hitting an 18 year old man for shouting racial slurs at Kim Kardashian and threatening her life. If you have not heard about this you can get the full story here. I understand that racism still exists in this day and age, but as the receiver of it all one must know how to handle it. Kanye was enraged as anyone would have been, believe me I probably would have been angry as hell, but going after the attacker who didn't physically put their hands on you is not the way to handle it. I'm not in no way shape or form trying to throw Kanye West under the bus. I'm just learning from his actions and teaching my child how to handle these situations.



I'm not usually the one to put celebrities in bad light, but this story brought up a lot of questions and fears for my child. In just a few short months Rhy Boogie will begin her journey in school; she will  be going to daycare. Of course I'm not expecting crazy antics of this kind to come about, but you never know. I just want to make sure Rhy Boogie is equipped and ready to handle this type of situation in the proper way.  As an African American I have had my share of racist comments thrown my way, but as a classy and self-respecting individual I handled every situation with dignity. Here are a few ways that I plan to teach Rhy Boogie how to handle this type of situations and bullying.

6 Ways to Handle Bullying:

*Remember you are not the problem there is nothing wrong with you. It is the bully that has the problem.

*Treat others as you would like to be treated.

*Be confident

*Tell someone

*If you can, walk away

*Don't try to control the uncontrollable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...