Monday, February 11, 2013

Dearest Baby Rhyan: Letter #2

My Dearest Baby Rhyan,
Mommy and Daddy are tired. This past week you had your 9 month check up and the doctor told us that we had to stop your night feeding (which should have been dropped but we were too lazy to work at it lol). Boy why did she ever tell us that? She simply said that she has to cry it out. I was sort of skeptical about just letting you cry by yourself, but I knew it had to be done. So I took to Google, and read about other mom's that went through the same thing and how they got through it. After reading about a million stories I came to the conclusion that I had to make up a routine that was for me. I needed to be able to handle hearing you cry without being tempted to come soothe you.


Here is the routine that your father and I came up with that is working pretty well I must say. You usually wake around 12:30am and cry because there is no bottle around for you to grab. I'll come to you and pat your back and rub your head for a minute tops. Most times you are not trying to have it. You push my hands away and continue to scream. Once my minute is up I then leave the room and if you are still crying after three minutes I return and repeat the soothing. I'll leave again, but this time for five minutes. If you are still crying I'll repeat the cycle and increase the wait time by two minutes every time.


The first night was a bit rough but the following nights have gotten easier or I'm just getting used to the routine lol. I know some people may think that this is cruelty and insane, but what works for some may not work for others. There are even some people that believe that by letting you cry I am damaging your temperament and personality, but you are still the same happy baby with an attitude you have always been. You are getting better without having your bottle in the middle of the night and mommy and daddy can get a little more sleep now. We love you!

Mommy









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...